10. “IT”S THE GREAT PUMPKIN CHARLIE BROWN”. I watch it every year. It makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.
9. Front porch fall displays. In case you didn’t know this is the pre-cursor warm-up for the annual front yard Christmas light extravaganza. J. is breathless with anticipation.
8. Football Time in Tennessee. Eighth place may seem like a low ranking for some of you rocky toppers but it is the best I can do.
7. Fall Leaves. If you have never been to Cades Cove during the fall season, drop everything else and make plans to go. God was in a mood to show out when he created the Smokies.
6. New Wardrobe. I am sick of my summer clothes. Girls can I get an AMEN?
5. Cooler Temperatures. Let’s be honest, at my age I need cooler weather to offset my inner thermostat which is permanently set somewhere between “tropical breeze” and “bake until crispy.”
4. Left Over Halloween Candy. It makes our office a much happier place to work.
3. Dancing With The Stars. Dance Warren Dance!
2. Church Fall Festivals. Our church has perfected this to an art form. It is a combination of food and fun that can only be rivaled by a day at Dollywood!
And the number one reason I love fall is….
1. Family. The fall brings tons of opportunities for families to have fun together. There is so much to do from football games to campfires to carving pumpkins. Take every opportunity to be with the people that you love most and have a GREAT FALL.