Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"Chicken Tortilla Soup"

Here is the requested recipe. It is so good and so danged easy. Throw it all in the crockpot and have a great day.

a pound or so of boneless chicken breast (still frozen)..don't argue with me, I know of what I speak!
A jar of salsa (I buy the cheap stuff for this)
Two cans of beans (black or kidney beans work fine)
Two cans of diced mexican-style tomatoes
A can of whole kernel corn
Shredded Mexican blend cheese
Tortilla chips to crumble on top of soup
Sour cream and sliced avocado (optional)..fyi.. I think avocado is gross and I never use it!
1. Place the frozen chicken breast in the crock pot.
2. Pour all of the other jarred or canned ingredients on top of chicken.
3. Add water until the mixture resembles soup.
4. Cook on low for eight to ten hours.
5. Use tongs and remove chicken breasts from soup.
6. Cut up or shred and put back in soup.
7. Stir well to distribute the chicken.
8. Serve up in a bowl with a sprinkling of tortilla chips and shredded cheese.
9. Add a dollop of sour cream and a slice of avocado if desired.

Your family will rise up and call you blessed! Happy Eating!