Friday, November 13, 2009

Adam's going to India and I am not going to cry about it...

Last night all five of us climbed into the mini-van in order to go shopping for Adam's upcoming trip to India. It seems that he will not be able to check any luggage so he needed a big backpack that he will carry on the plane. I don't think they make backpacks big enough for all the stuff I think he should take. For example, crackers. Of every variety including animal. My eldest has the palatte of a three year old so somehow I don't think that he is going to pack away much Indian food.He told us last night that he had actually tried to eat some rice this week and it was just awful!I don't think he is going to find a McDonalds in Calcutta and even if he did I am not so sure he should eat there!!!

Also, he is going to need to pack his little sister. The two of them have the most interesting relationship. He is fiercly protective and she is fiercly independant. They lock horns quite a bit but when push comes to shove they have got each others back. When we dropped Adam off at his college for the first time, it was Jamie who sobbed right along with me. I have a feeling she will miss him as much as I will.

Tonight we are having an early Thanksgiving dinner with Adam so he doesn't miss out on the fun. I promise you there will be more carbs than you can shake a stick at.
It will be hard for Adam to be away on both Thanksgiving AND his birhtday so I want him to get to eat all his favorites before he goes. It will be a pig fest! (I'm not sure they have those in Calcutta either!!)