Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bloggy Confession

For the last several months I have become increasingly addicted to reading blogs. Many of the ones I frequent leave me feeling challenged and inspired and encouraged. But sometimes.. something else creeps in. I begin to look at the lives of other people and feels downright envious. There I said it. The green monster called envy wants to settle itself in my heart as I read about women who can save 20 gazillion dollars with coupons. Women who find the time to bake cookies, keep their laundry caught up and churn homemade butter. Women who live on a ranch. Women who live on the beach. Women who seem to have it all and getting more of it all the time. I begin to focus on my own issues. Like the fact that I work 40 hours a week. My laundry is never done. We are in debt (SSSHHHHH!) and I drive a van with a dent in it. There is dog slobber on my wall, my baseboards haven't seen a scrubbing in forever and I feel overwhelmed and incapable most of the time. I don't have a stash of bulk groceries and I haven't seen my "hair girl" in months! *SIGH*

But then...... I get myself together and realize that no one has it all together and I find comfort in that. I have been in the ministry long enough to know that very seldom is someone's life the way they make it out to be. We are masters of disguise when it comes to showing people who we really are. After all, it is much more satisfying to our HUGE egos if we allow people to see only what we want them to see. Then we can make the picture pretty. And sweet. And yes, uncluttered.

So here is to being real. And being thankful for what I have. A precious family, everyone healthy, a frozen Pizza to have for dinner and yes even said "slobbery dog". The next time I want to be like someone else I will just look in the mirror. That girl looking back at me has got it pretty good!!!