Sunday, February 1, 2009

Wake up! It's Morning!!

Okay. I'm back. During the Christmas season I just didn't feel very bloggy. I began to suffer from something I like to call "holiday blog envy". Everyone in the blogosphere went to work posting beautiful holiday pictures and sweet stories about "shelf elves" and home made decorations and i just began to feel, well... inadequate. But the truth is that we had a beautiful Christmas and a great time with family and friends.
It is interesting how the new year began for us. Instead of looking forward to the New Year, J and I did a lot of looking back. We had to face some difficult realities about how we have managed our lives up until now. Sometimes you just have to take stock of how things really are. We did. And we have a plan. I love the sweet verse in Lamentations that reminds us that God's mercies are "new every morning". Those same mercies are yours and mind every time we need to start over. I am thankful for the voice of God that calls me back to where I need to be.