Monday, February 2, 2009

It all came to a screeching halt!

For those of you who see snow on a regular basis you cannot imagine what it is like to live here in the south and see the chaos that ensues at the first falling snow flake. We generally lose our minds. Schools begin to let out early, businesses close up shop and everyone hits Kroger for milk and bread. As for me, if I am going to be snowed in my last minute run to the grocery store will garner for my family chips, dip, soda, popcorn, Doritios and salsa. (Also an extra roll of toilet paper because, well, you know! ) Anyway, after we sweep the gas stations to fill up our tanks we hunker down. And then we watch it snow. For an hour. And then it stops. But we are thrilled that there is a dusting on the ground and that alone may get us out of school and work for tomorrow. I LOVE THE SOUTH. It just doesn't get any better than this!