Thursday, January 31, 2008

my drug of choice

It is sickyville around here. Tyler has the full on Dr. diagnosed flu and I have some version thereof so there has been more than one trip today to the cold/flu section at Wal-Mart. Which is where I was when I found the coolest thing. Vicks Vapor rub on a stick! Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge fan of that mentholatum rub! When I was little, momma would rub me down good with the stuff when I had a cough and then put some in a vaporizor and I would lay in bed inhaling mentholatum until my lungs were free and clear. I have always remembered that Daddy had a little Vicks stick that he kept in his pocket and he would occassionaly poke that thing right up his nose and take a big sniff. Yes sir he did.

So I bought not one but two Vicks sticks, one for me and one for Tyler (he is not nearly as excited as I am). .....pausing for a whiff.... and I have to tell you I feel better.